NETWORK… SHARE KNOWLEDGE…GAIN A PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION IN YOUR FIELD
The Value of the MCR Program Overview
Many of today’s corporations are committed to strengthening the knowledge, skills, and abilities of their corporate real estate (CRE) professionals locally and globally. The Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR) designation provides essential skills that focus on critical business issues and the mission of the corporate real estate organization in relation to enterprise goals. Designed for CRE professionals with at least five years of experience, the MCR seminars are focused specifi cally on ensuring all participants have mastered technical skills within the CRE body of knowledge and have the ability to apply them to the strategic management of CRE. The designation is well-recognized within the profession and, increasingly, by executive-level corporate leaders outside of the CRE domain—a testament to the dedication, specialization, expertise, and knowledge of the Top-Rated Faculty and the designation holders.
Real-World Value for MCR Participants
Delivered by experienced faculty comprised of leading experts in their fi elds, seminars use an interactive, team-based approach to solve problems, analyze case studies and share experiences. The MCR designation assures clients and colleagues of an advanced competence and successful experience as a CRE professional. Participants are able to:
• Understand how CRE fi ts into the corporate enterprise;
• Apply CRE best practices and practical approaches to their current work;
• Select specialized professional development seminars to hone skills unique to specifi c roles within CRE; and
• Solve problems in small groups with peers and faculty from various roles across the CRE profession.
Real-World Value for Employers
Supporting employee involvement in the MCR professional designation program provides unparalleled benefi ts to organizations. Employers are able to:
• Ensure their CRE staff have state-of-the-art knowledge of proven approaches to supporting business strategy, reducing costs, mitigating fi nancial and other risks, and leveraging real estate to attract and retain employees;
• Develop employee skill sets enabling them to utilize practical approaches successfully applied elsewhere;
• Ensure CRE staff have a common language and understanding of the profession yielding consistent communications between service providers and end users/occupiers; and
• Utilize highly-focused curriculum content to supplement or replace the development of in-house training courses.
Earn the MCR
Plan your schedule. Register online: www.corenetglobal.org/seminarschedule
Start with any of the following seminars:
3 Required Seminars (two-day seminars)
• Corporate Real Estate Finance
• Enterprise Alignment
• Real Estate’s Impact on Financial Statements
2 Professional Development Seminars (two-day seminars)
• Advanced Lease Analysis
• Advanced Negotiations for Corporate Real Estate Professionals
• Corporate Real Estate Technology Essentials
• Corporate Real Estate Technology Selection and Implementation
• Essentials of Corporate Real Estate Leadership
• Performance Management
• Portfolio Management
• Service Delivery and Outsourcing
• Workplace Strategy Essentials
• Workplace Strategy Methodologies
• Workplace Strategy in Practice
1 Final Seminar (three-day seminar)
• Capstone: Leadership and Strategy
Check out our latest CoreNet MCR video on Workplace
Creating corporate value through Workplace strategy.
2019-2021 New Zealand MCR Group Seminar Schedule*
April 8th & 9th, 2019
Corporate Real Estate Technology Essentials
Examine the role that CRE technologies play in the overall service delivery model, with a review of traditional systems as well as the impact of emerging technologies and evolving work styles on technology infrastructure.
June 4th - July 12th, 2019
Corporate Real Estate Finance (Virtual Seminar)
A comprehensive overview of financial analysis and management. Work through case studies to analyse alternative lease structures, lease buyouts, and buy vs. lease decisions. Required
October 21st & 22nd, 2019
Workplace Strategy Essentials
This seminar provides an intro to the dynamic fi eld and practice of Workplace Strategy (WPS). In addition to foundational elements of WPS, the broader role of workplace strategy, trends, global issues, tools, technologies.
July 29th, August 5th, Sep 9th, 2020
Enterprise Alignment (Virtual Seminar)
Identify how Corporate Real Estate (CRE) transactions impact financial statements, calculate performance measures, and optimize CRE strategies using accounting treatment of transactions.Required
October 14th, 2020 starting date
(due to COVID-19 situation, exact date/timing TBC)
Real Estate’s Impact on Financial Statements (Virtual Seminar)
Align CRE functions to business strategy, objectives, and priorities. Improve strategic relationship management and implement proactive change management. Required
February 17th, 2021 starting date
(due to COVID-19 situation, exact date/timing TBC)
Capstone: Leadership and Strategy
Analyze complex business scenarios to formulate, propose and defend CRE solutions that align with corporate priorities. Understand CRE from a holistic, integrated and strategic perspective. Required. Prerequisites apply.
* Due to COVID-19 situation all upcoming seminars will be delivered virtually for the foreseeable future
Contact a CoreNet team member to take advantage of the benefits of the MCR group program.